Saturday, September 09, 2006
Secrets, secrets are no fun
Secrets are for everyone!

Seriously, is anyone else REALLY Bothered by the new Secret campaign where "real" women share their secrets on camera?

The one where the little girl tells her mom about her first kiss is kind of sweet, but every time I see the one with the two friends and the one really wants a baby and the other is pregnant...well, that one makes me want to kill myself.

I don't know if it's because it seems SO fake. What woman who's 4 months pregnant hasn't told her best friend? How many women change their minds about being wanting to be mothers? And the whole--it's going to change our relationship...I don't know, it's so lame.

I guess the idea that you may not be "strong enough" to share your secret bothers me. Some secrets aren't meant to be shared. In one commercial, a sister-in-law admits to a woman that she had bribed her brother (now husband to the woman) to go out with her.

Funny many years later, but also hurtful. Perhaps I'm being too sensitive. Perhaps I don't want to be goaded into sharing my secrets--not that I can really think of any right now!


1 Comments:

Blogger MP said...

The joy of recoreded TV is that I miss most of the commercials. I've seen one of these Secret commercials but it was so non-eventful I don't remember what it was about.

Post a Comment

<< Home