Tuesday, September 19, 2006
Living Up To The Hype
Wow, how bad do I suck at this whole blogging thing. I just figured out that I can comment on my own, so that I can have a conversation with the nice people who come by!

Moving on....


Don't you LOVE it when something lives up to the hype. I have been waiting for Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip for ages--about when they announced West Wing was being canceled and that Studio 60 was coming in the fall.

The pilot episode was last night and OH MY GOD it was better than I could have guessed. I just love the actors-Bradley Whitford and Matthew Perry are fantastic, as well as Timothy Bustfield. The dialogue was great and I think the story is going to be great too. I'm still warming up to Amanda Peet. I'm not sure if her smug looks are make me hate her...but so far, meh, she's ok. The dude from Wings plays a bad guy, which is really hard to picture. I kept thinking has was going to pull out a joke or something.

I've also been seeing a lot of ads for the new, 10th anniversary edition of Tickle Me Elmo. I'm not sure what the updates are, but Ebay has one for auction for 2500 bucks. I just can't imagine a furry toy pulling in the kind of dough. When it was released 10 years ago, I didn't know anyone with kids young enough to want one, so I enjoyed the mayhem from afar. I don't even think I've ever seen one in person. But I wonder, did all of those people who got up at the crack of dawn to stand in line for one, get their moneys worth? Can a toy really live up to the hype?

And in closing, we just watched Benchwarmers with David Spade, Rob Schneider and Jon Heder. I had very low expecations for this kind of movie, but while it had it's moments of stupidity, it was a very cute, funy and touching movie. I was totally suprised! Any other good movie recs, oh imaginary readers?


1 Comments:

Blogger MP said...

I loved, loved, loved Studio 60, one of my favorite new shows. I watched Smith last night, that was good too.

When you were watching Studio 60..and it was over didn't you look at your clock like, "what the hell, was that an hour??"
I did!

Post a Comment

<< Home