Tuesday, October 03, 2006
I Won't Grow Up
I have an issue. My family (including the Hubs) thinks I'm insane. All due to a teeny, tiny little addiction is Disney.

Yes, I'm 6. I freaking love Disney and the park in particular. We've gone at least once a year since I've been an adult, often more than once, and we frequent the Florida version more than the much closer LA version. We've got a trip planned again for December, and I'm already excited, no, drooling at the idea of going back.

My love has hit an all time low this morning. I discovered Live365 and Mouse House Radio. It plays the soundtracks from the rides, shows and parades. Hell, I even listened to the music from the fireworks (which is far more entertaining than one might imagine--no big booms to get in the way). I'm not sure what I'm more depressed about:
a) I can visualize almost every ride I hear the soundtrack to
b) I smile at my favorite parts of the ride, almost like I was actually on it

On the one hand, at least I'm not alone, right? The channel wouldn't exist unless someone else wanted to hear it. On the other, umm...right I'm NOT 6 and maybe at some point I need to figure out that my happiness shouldn't rest on animatronic characters.

In other news, I've been working on this idea for a book (or perhaps blog) for about a year now and a trip back "home" this weekend (as an aside, at what point does my new home become "home"?) just reinforced that I think at least researching it would be a good way to spend my free time.

It's not a novel or fiction, but rather a guide for coaching girls. I've been doing it for a long time and I have lots of theories on how to approach girls, especially in team sports. I want to compile them to help others out there create more positive experiences for female athletes. Anyway, I am looking at a few months of "bed rest" after the first of the year (I see the doc on Friday about that, post to follow, I'm sure), and it might be a good thing to focus on. Thoughts?


1 Comments:

Blogger MP said...

I'm no help with the coaching thing, I did play CYC volleyball in grade school but nothing more than that. I think girls need to get "it". They need to realize the importance of learning life's lessons that are around them. Opening their brains to a little of everything: Religion, politics, books, tv, sports, geography. You know what I mean. Things like Jay Leno's Jaywalking where these young girls have no idea who the president of the US of A is OR what 9/11 is just make me want to vomit.
Home = Whereever you are that you feel loved. You can have more than one home.

Post a Comment

<< Home