Monday, October 09, 2006
Peculiar Ponderings
A collection of random questions I've thought of in the last 24 hours:

1. Why does my dog lay in the sun until he gets so hot, he pants and his tongue flops out? By extension, why does he stare at me until I open the shades so there is sun, so he can get overheated and drool on the carpet?

2. (In regards to my wonderful "well-woman" visit this morning) Are you freaking kidding me--puppies and bunnies on the ceiling. WTF?

2. (Part B) Is it rude to not want to talk while being felt up by a perfect stranger? I'd rather just suffer the indignity in peace and quiet, trying not to figure out the significance of the poster on the ceiling.

3. When a web site for an organization says "no appointments needed", but you actually need an appointment--is that grounds for a massive freak-out, or am I out of line?

4. (Not really a question, but more of a PSA) "But you seem to be getting around fine" is never an appropriate response when someone says they're in serious pain, OK?

5. (Imagine me, sitting on the couch, jaw dropped and sputtering) What the hell is wrong with people? I will follow up someday with a story about the horrible middle name I was stuck with by my drunk/high parents--but at lease it was only my middle name.
BILOXI, Miss. -- Yet another newborn has been named ESPN.

Leann Real promised her avid sports fan husband that if they had a son he'd get to pick the name. ESPN Montana Real was born this week at Biloxi Regional Medical Center.

Husband Rusty chose ESPN (pronounced Espen) after the sports network and Montana after football legend Joe Montana.

The youngster isn't alone. Three others were cited in a 2005 Web site story about the network's 25th anniversary: Espn Malachi McCall and Espn Curiel, both of Texas, and Espn Blondeel of Michigan.

"We were the talk of the hospital," Rusty Real told The Sun Herald. "The nurses kept asking my wife if she was really going to let her husband name him ESPN. She said, 'Oh, yes."'

Copyright 2006 by The Associated Press


0 Comments: