Tuesday, October 10, 2006
The Break-Up Song
I have a friend, who I've know FOREVER--since the 7th grade. We went to the same college, played polo together. She was a bridesmaid in my wedding. I consider her a good friend.

Sort of. Hubs always makes fun of me, because I sort of have a love/hate relationship with her. I liken it a boyfriend that you stay with, just because it's easy? Like it's more hassle to not have that boyfriend then to stay with him, even if you don't like him very much.

She recently moved up to Washington as well, and I was excited about the fact I'll have another "built in" friend up here. But, now I'm not so sure.

I told her that we weren't going "home" for Thanksgiving, and somehow, she got herself invited to our house for dinner. I don't mind. T-Day is more fun if there's more people to share the food. But then comes the demands--she is a root vegetable person (mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes etc.) and offers that she can bring them. Umm..no. Cooking is my realm, esp. the starches. So no, you can't bring them.

Of course, she doesn't eat turkey so we can have something else, right? Like steak or hamburgers? Umm...no, again. Sorry honey, turkey is Thanksgiving and if you're going to invite yourself over, your damn well going to eat what we like.

I didn't say anything to her. I'm afraid of confrontation. I'm hoping someone else invites us over so we don't have to deal with it. It's dumb to stress about something like this, over a month away, but I am stressed. It's enough to make me use my free Southwest credit to go "home" just to escape!


0 Comments: