Thursday, October 12, 2006
Oh How I've Missed You...
My sweet, sweet Whole Foods. It has been far too long since we've been together. We used to be so close, just a short 3 minutes apart. And now, you taunt me by keeping yourself 25 minutes away. I suppose it is my fault, this divide. I was the one who left in the first place. Why didn't I think to check into the nearest Whole Foods when deciding to buy a home?

And now I have found you again, conveniently located on my way to work. You are no run of the mill Whole Foods. Oh no, you are the ultimate in delicious foods super store. You tempt me with your wood fired pizzas and chocolate bar. The vast array of hot foods and salad bar. The freaking gelato and crepe station. You are everything a Whole Foods should be, and more.

And yet, as I am embarking down a more controlled eating plan, delicious apricot crepes are no longer options to have. So soon after we have reconnected, now I must ignore you once again. The carmalita bars must wait for a VERY special occasion. My mid-afternoon snack is now a predetermined apple and granola bar. I can not venture through your doors for fear of your offerings pulling me off my much needed diet.

Someday we will be together again. Until then, continue feeding the masses overpriced and all-natural foods. I will return.


0 Comments: