Monday, November 27, 2006
Holiday Recipe Round-Up
I haven't done one of these posts in a while, and I wanted to share! Plus I'm excited that it's been snowing here. I haven't lived somewhere where it snows at my house since I was 4. The pup was SO cute playing in the snow last night, but then his paws had all sorts of snow dingleberries. Not as cute when they're melting all over the carpet. I was bummed about the 12 hour power outage last night--but that meant I didn't have to cook. Yippie! Oh wait...this post is about cooking and my supposed love of it. Ummm. What a conundrum.

I made this last week, and have been enjoying it for breakfast. You can totally leave out the chocolate chips and nuts, if you want a plain loaf, or add dried cranberries for a different sort of taste. SO GOOD!

Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread
-Found as usual, on the Cookikng Light Message Boards

1 1/2 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup pumpkin puree
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 eggs, beaten
1/4 cup milk
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon allspice
1/2 cup walnuts
1/2 cup chocolate chips

1. Preheat oven to 350ยบ.

2. Stir together first four dry ingredients (flour-baking soda). Mix pumpkin, oil, eggs, milk and spices together, then combine with the dry ingredients, mixing until just combined. Add walnuts and chocolate chips.

3. Pour into a well-buttered loaf pan. Bake 50-60 minutes. Turn out of pan and cool on wire rack.

Have too much leftover cranberry sauce? Turn it into a vinaigrette! The measurements are not precise--I just mixed to taste. This is especially good on a salad with greens, apples and blue cheese. It's slightly sweet and very tangy.

Cranberry Sauce Vinaigrette
1/2 cup whole berry cranberry sauce
1-2 tbls. olive oil
2 tbls. Balsamic vinegar
1-2 tbls. orange juice
Salt and pepper

Blend until smooth using an immersion blender or regular blender. Keeps for a while in the fridge.


5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The next time I bake, I am going to consult your website. Holy cow, my mouth is watering...

Blogger Zow Zow said...

I'll try to put some more holiday type recipes up. I have a few more that are really good for this time of year!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That recipe looks YUMMMM....Me doesnt do alot of bakin.. To lazy to . But it looks like something me just may has to try sometime.. Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread..YUMMM sounding.....LOL

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know, I just made my own recipe for stuffing that I'll have to post. I don't cook much, so when I do it's usually "alright" if edible at all. But this stuffing... I have to say I'm pretty proud.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have been tagged.

Post a Comment

<< Home