Monday, February 05, 2007
Scariest Movie I've Ever Seen
A few months ago, I had a conversation with a very close friend. She and I are both at the age where people start hounding you about when you're gonna start popping babies out and we were commiserating about the burden of children. I'm sure you know the conundrum: "I really like babies and kids. I really like the idea of being a mom. I really, really like my uncomplicated, untied-down life that I have. I don't know when I'll be ready to give that up."

Anyway, I commented that when we have kids, I'm thinking we'll only have one. Financially, it just makes so much more sense, especially because we expect to send the rugrat to college and I can't even imagine what tuitions will be like in 20 years. Can't even fathom it. She started laughing, because her sister had said something very similar. According to my friend and her husband, we are morally obligated to procreate as much as possible, because we are two well-educated (dare I say smart) people with good heads on our shoulders. We have to compensate for the Brittany Spears of the world....or worse yet, the families who have so many kids they run out of names to give them.

Which leads me to my movie review. We watched Idiocracy last night, a movie by Mike Judge, the guy to did Office Space (a household favorite) as well as King of the Hill and Beavis and Butthead.

As the story goes, too many stupid, hicky people are reproducing and not enough smart people are. There's a funny scene that follows a well dressed couple through about 15 years or so where they keep making excuses for not wanting kids. In the same time period, a man, living in a mobile home and well lubed with beer, is able to produce like 150 kids (through various girlfriends and eventually his own kids start reproducing themselves.)

What this leads to, 500 years later, is a world that it SO stupid, they can't read, write or even remember their own names. Where major corporations buy government agencies....and sponsor the White House. I tell you, it's a world far more scary than anything Al Gore can come up with. And mostly because I see it happening.

The movies is pretty funny. Not hysterical, laugh out loud funny, but still giggle inducing. However, the whole time, I had this sick sense in the back of my head that this IS what the world will come to. The more we allow children to "feel" like they are achieving versus making them actually learn something, the stupider we become. The more we applaud families who have 6, 8 or 15 children (but can't really afford them) by putting them on TV and giving them new cars, the stupider we become. The less we teach young girls about their self-worth and birth control, the stupider we become.

Wow, got a little political there. Sorry. Still, see the movie because it's funny and does really make you think about what the future holds.


3 Comments:

Blogger Zow Zow said...

Yes, that's the point I was trying to make. It's not about rich or poor (I know a ton of rich people who had no buisness having kids) but about thinking through a plan!

I hope you like it :)

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lets try this again.........

What pisses me off is that it is the idiots and ones who aint got a brain that is spitting out a ton of kids while people who would make excellent loving parents is lucky to have just one. And would love to have two or three. BUT NOOOOOOO the useless tits that is spitting um out is doing it for the baby bonus {{me don't know how that works in US but up here the more ya has yer baby bonus goes up per child, then if yer kid is under 6 they tack on another 100 per child}}.. Which is just wrong cuz in alot of cases they is welfare cases and is doin it to increase the welfare cheque AND the baby bonus. BUT the good ones who can't has them suffers in silence and every month gets their hearts broke... ROOOOOOOOOOOOAR

But it does make ya wonder what this world is gonna end up like huh?? Sounds like a real good movie...

Anonymous Anonymous said...

After getting more than 10000 visitors/day to my website I thought your zowzow.blogspot.com website also need unstoppable flow of traffic...

Use this BRAND NEW software and get all the traffic for your website you will ever need ...

= = > > http://get-massive-autopilot-traffic.com

In testing phase it generated 867,981 visitors and $540,340.

Then another $86,299.13 in 90 days to be exact. That's $958.88 a
day!!

And all it took was 10 minutes to set up and run.

But how does it work??

You just configure the system, click the mouse button a few
times, activate the software, copy and paste a few links and
you're done!!

Click the link BELOW as you're about to witness a software that
could be a MAJOR turning point to your success.

= = > > http://get-massive-autopilot-traffic.com

Post a Comment

<< Home