Friday, December 29, 2006
New Year's Meme
Happy Holidays everyone! We're finally back from a whirlwind family visiting adventure. I'm trying really, really, really hard NOT to think about my crazy, invasive, scary surgery that happens in 1.5 weeks. So instead, I found this meme from Ali & Sundry and I thought I'd give it a go. Feel free to do one yourself...or not...

1. What did you do in 2006 that you’d never done before?
We bought a house and moved to another state..one that is far, far away from the family
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I don't remember if I made a resolution or not. If I did, I certainly didn't keep it. I did make a commitment to healthier living this fall, and I hope to continue with that in the next year
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
No births, but lots of knocking up was going around (not me of course, but loads of friends)
4. Did anyone close to you die?
How lucky are we that we didn't experiance any death this year...
5. What countries did you visit?
We went to Canada and Ireland this year.
6. What would you like to have in 2007 that you lacked in 2006?
More will-power. And a job that I don't have to work very hard at, and still get paid...HAHAHAHA
7. What dates from 2006 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
It's funny, but nothing in particular stands out. I can't even remember when we bought the house...maybe the end of April?
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
I was really happy with the coaching I did over the summer. I felt very confident and successful.
9. What was your biggest failure?
I haven't been as good of a friend as I could have. I too easily blow off some good people for no good reason.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Yeah, the whole back thing, although that started a few years ago, I've had most of the diagnosis this year. And hopefully some resolution in the coming months
11. What was the best thing you bought?
The house. I freaking love it here
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
My surgeon for listening and looking for a long-term solution
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
I was the subject of some bad sport's parents torment. They suck.
14. Where did most of your money go?
The big yellow house and the ridiculously expensive paint for the interior
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Moving and travelling. The Irleand trip was amazing and I spent 3 months in a tizzy over our recent DisneyWorld trip
16. What song will always remind you of 2006?
London Bridge and SexyBack HAHAHA
17. Compared to this time last year, are you: a) happier or sadder? b) thinner or fatter? c) richer or poorer?
Right now I'm a bit sadder. At this time last year I was in Hawaii watching my best friend get married. This year I'm staring at 3 months in bed.
I'm about the same weightwise..but I did have slightly heavier points over the year.
For sure poorer...that house wasn't cheap!

18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Cooking. Due to my work schedule last year, I wasn't able to cook as much as I'd like, and now that I don't work, I've just been lazy.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Being lazy. Being anti-social.
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
We were at my family's house
21. Did you fall in love in 2006?
I was already deeply in love with my husband, however, now that we have much more responsibility I love him even more for taking care of me!
22. How many one-night stands?
Unless you count Ben and Jerry's, none
23. What was your favorite TV program?
Hard choice, but I think either Heroes or House...maybe Lost or Project Runway..too many choices!
24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
Nope
25. What was the best book you read?
Rabbit Factory, I think but I have a bad habbit of forgetting books when I finish them!
26. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Grand National. Their record came out a few years ago, but I only recently heard them--love it!
27. What did you want and get?
I wanted a house--got it. I wanted a new king size bed--got it.
28. What did you want and not get?
A job, sort of, but not really
29. What was your favorite film of this year?
I really liked The Fountain and Cars
30. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I didn't really so anything special. I had to go to the hospital the next day. I made myself a birthday cake. I was 26
31. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Winning the lottery.
32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2006?
Trying not to look too much a like slobby housewife
33. What kept you sane?
The hubs and the pup
34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
If by fancy, you mean respect, I would go with John Stewert or Stephen Colbert
35. What political issue stirred you the most?
How certain people want to chip away at women's rights without letting the country notice. The inability of the country to let people live their lives they way they choose.
36. Who did you miss?
My friends, esp. my best friend who I haven't seen in 6 months
37. Who was the best new person you met?
Our new neighbors. I love them!
38. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2006.
Sometimes life is hard, but don't let yourself make it harder by admitting it. Suck it up. (if only I'd take that adivce myself
39. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
I have no idea....Maybe:
"I wanna roll with the gangstas
But so far they all think I'm too
White and nerdy"
thanks Weird Al!


1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Haven't seen the video but will check it out at some point when me gets all caught up on me blog reading....got me puter back at home so now me can spend time catching up with everyone an what they did......

loved yer answers btw....insightful a good way to but it..........but me does tend to agree about ''suck it up''{{to bad ME couldnt take that advice too!!!!!!!!! LOL}}

Post a Comment

<< Home